Saturday, November 28, 2009

off the top of my head.

i told you once
i told you twice
can't that be enough?
will it ever suffice?
my words are pure
my promises true
everything I do is what's best for you
sometimes it's hard to believe in what you can't see
but that's why I gave you faith in me.
this blessed assurance can always ring true
i'm daily on this walk with you
i know it gets scary
and it often gets tough
but i want you to know you'll always have more than enough
though you can't always see it,
my path is clear
remember i'll never leave you dear.
i'm holding your hand and i'll lead you along
if you listen you can hear me, though my voice might not be strong
for i don't like to yell and i won't often shout
but if you listen for my whisper i'll remove all your doubt
i'll never let you hold more than you can bear
i'll help you with the weight of it that's why i'm right here
i love you more than you could ever know or feel
but none the less i assure you it's real
so take my hand and walk with me
there is so much of this world i want you to see
you'll go many places
shake things up
move lots of mountains
no matter how tough
that's why I love you
no matter the cost
because of your faith
my death was not a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment