Monday, July 11, 2011

it's been a while since I saw you, you look nice.

So I've been a little mia and by a while I mean probably about 7 or 8 months, but as they say some things get better with age, I like to think that this is how this thing works. Honestly I was starting to feel bad that I was blogging more about technology for a class than I did about what I really cared about, so I figured I needed to shape up a little. So lets see what's new in life, well actually what isn't new in life would be a much better question to ask. Everything in my life has seemed to change over the past 2 months and I am left here trying to keep up with the changes. I'm almost done with my grad school summer school classes, PTL, i've been working at a tiny gas station restaurant, and I start student teaching in about a month.

This summer has been a weird one for me. I've been in this city that I've only ever known with all my friends around and now I'm in this city with half of my friends missing and I'm trying to figure out how I fit into it, it's taking a little bit of time, but I think i'm gonna get the hang of it. But more than that this summer has reminded me about how good God continually is, even when I don't immediately see it. It's like as soon as I think I understand something more about God, I am immediately surprised by something new. And I love that feeling of surprise that I get, I am grateful for the chance to have that sense of awe at something. When we lose our sense of wonder we lose more than we know, with wonder, comes amazement, and amazement shows us we're not as big as we think we are and that helps us stay humble.

I want to end this with a poem that I found written in my old journal I was looking through earlier, it doesn't have a name, but that's okay.

I never said it would be easy
and I never said that it would be fair.
But you'll walk the road the same
because you know I'm waiting there.
It's not because I want to test you
or because I think you are untrue.
But it's just one of those things I know you have to do.
So please don't be afraid I'll always hold your hand
and when you're feet get tired
I'll give you my legs to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment